South Gwinnett High School
South Gwinnett High School, just off Highway 78 across from the elementary school, has been around since 1957. This school has been growing in size because of Snellville's expanding population. The school has 2,500 students in grades 9 through 12. Gwinnett is the home of the Comets, one of the top ten high school football teams of east Atlanta.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7am - 2:10pm; Sat - Sun, closed.
- Handicap Accessible: There is handicapped parking available and ramps for access.
- Founding Date: 1957
- Number of students: 2,500
- Male-to-female ratio: 49 to 51
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: None
- Graduation rate (%): 96
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 28:1
- Parking: Free lot
- What makes this community special?: "It's very versatile because of population growth."
- Grade levels: 9–12
- Boarding: No
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Football, basketball, band, and many others
- Student clubs: Chess Club, others
- Sports teams: Comets