City of Grayson
Drag box to select area
The city of Grayson, once known as Gwinnett’s best kept secret, now covers an area of almost two square miles in Gwinnett County. When first inhabited in 1879, the area was known as Trip. It was changed to Grayson when it was officially incorporated in 1907. The city has experienced significant growth in the last decade from a small town with just one traffic light to a busy residential center with large grocery store chains and an expanding business community. Several restaurants have located in Grayson recently and upscale strip malls can now be found branching out from its historic Main Street, which still embraces an image city leaders have made a commitment to keep. An overlay district was incorporated into the city building ordinances to ensure Grayson kept its small-town charm despite the encroaching growth. Highway 20 was recently widened to four lanes as it passes through the city from Lawrenceville to Loganville. Students in Grayson attend schools in the Grayson and Archer clusters. The city is governed by a weak mayor system with four other council members.
475 Grayson Pkwy, Grayson, GA 30017
- Fax: 770-339-0687
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 4:30pm; closed for lunch
- Accessible: yes