The college recruiting world will have to wait until the morning to find out where the nation’s No. 1 high school football played will attend college.
With it be LSU or Ole Miss for Grayson’s Robert Nkemdiche?
Got a take on where Robert Nkemdiche should play college football? Tell us in the comments below.
The talented defensive end is expected to announce his decision after 7:30 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 6, live on ESPNU as part of the network’s National Signing Day coverage.
Since Nkemdiche “de-committed” from Clemson last year, speculation has gone crazy over where he will share his football talents.
- Yahoo Sports posted an Associated Press story Tuesday afternoon saying it'll be Oxford, Miss., citing family as an “insurmountable advantage” for Ole Miss, where Nkemdiche’s older brother Denzel is a linebacker. Reports also say that Nikemdiche’s mother wants him to be a Rebel.
- SportsIllustrated.com chronicled his roller-coaster recruitment, including last weekend’s last-minute visit to LSU, and came to the same conclusion — that family ties may prevail and he'll pick Mississippi.
- A group of Rivals.com bloggers also have predicted unanimously it’ll be Ole Miss.
- But, then there’s that LSU visit, which raised more than a few eyebrows, especially with Nkemdiche’s tweet afterward: “LSU pushing man!!! Getting hard now!”
Nkemdiche has more than 35,000 followers on Twitter, by the way, which shows the interest in the biggest decision of his life.
His ride has been fun and suspenseful. It ends Wednesday morning on national television.
Check with Patch Wednesday morning for updates on Nkemdiche's decision.
See related content:
- Who's Gonna Land Grayson's Nkemdiche on National Signing Day?
- Nkemdiche Continues to Rack up Accolades
- Nkemdiche Commits to Clemson
- MaxPreps Names Grayson's Robert Nkemdiche to 2012 All-American Football Team
- Become a Fan of Robert Nkemdiche
- Ole Miss - and Robert Nkemdiche's Mom - Still Have Hope
- Nkemdiche - "A Once in a Generation Player"