Several students from Loganville and Grayson area schools are included in the almost 100 students from Gwinnett who have entries in upcoming state and international level Science Fairs.
According to a press release from Gwinnett County Public Schools, students from and high schools as well asand middle schools will be competing in the Georgia Science and Engineering Fair March 29 to 31 in Athens. Based on their performance there, they will then have an opportunity to compete during the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair from May 13-18 in Pittsburgh.
Christina Lo from is one of three Gwinnett students who has already qualified to compete at the International level. Her project, Chemistry of Hair, received a high enough ranking to qualify her during regional competitions. These other students earned a spot to compete in the Georgia Science and Engineering Fair later this week after placing first during the regional fair. These students are including in the 95 competing for a chance to go to the internationals in May.
From the local area these students are:
- Sarah To from Bay Creek Middle School with Deep Knee Bends.
- Kennedy Williams from McConnell Middle with Can music affect blood pressure?
- Odemi Pessu from Archer High school with the Power of Herbs.
- Brian Cosgrove and Madison Schomburger from Archer High School with What a Drag.
- Eric Adinolfi and Ethan Scott from Archer High School with Pigment Power.
- Courtney Duncan and Serena Shelangi from Grayson High School with The Ultimate Showdown.