Friday is the last chance for early voting. Everyone who hasn't voted at the end of the day Friday has one last chance to cast their ballots - on Tuesday, July 31. For those who haven't participated in early voting yet, or are traditional election day voters, here is some last minute information on what to expect on the ballot. In order to find your voting precinct and find out who will be on the ballot for your district, go to the Georgia Secretary of State website, type in your address and it will give you access to a sample ballot for your particular address. There are differences on who will be on the ballot depending on your address and whether you are voting Democrat or Republican.
All voters, however, will be voting on some common questions, including the much lamented Transportation Investment Act, also commonly known as TSPLOST.
The party questions for the Democrats include:
- Should the Georgia Constitution be amended to allow the state to override locally elected school boards' decisions when it comes to the creation of charter schools in your county or city?
- Do you support ending current practice permitting unlimited gifts from lobbyists to state legislators?
- Should Georgia adopt an income tax credit for home energy costs to support the economic security of our families?
- Should Georgia reduce sales taxes on made in georgia products so as to support the growth of small businesses in our state?
- Do you support the idea of limited commercial passenger flights from Gwinnett airport - Briscoe Field?
- Would you support Casino gambling in Gwinnett County?
- Do you believe $50,000.00 is a sufficient salary for the Board of Commissioners Chairman to oversee the 800,000+ citizens of Gwinnett County?
- Did you know there is a mandated Saturday Voting Day including in the Early Voting for the November General Election on Oct. 27, 2012?
Questions for the Republican ballot include:
- Should Georgia have casino gambling with funds going to education?
- Do you support ending the current practice of unlimited gifts from lobbyists to state legislators by imposing a $100 cap on such gifts?
- Should active duty military personnel who are under the age of 21 be allowed to obtain a Georgia weapons license?
- Should citizens who wish to vote in a primary election be required to register by their political party affiliation at least thirty (30) days prior to such primary election?
- Should the Constitution of Georgia be amended so as to provide that the paramount right to life is vested in each innocent human being from his or her earliest biological beginning without regard to age, race, sex, health, function, or condition of dependency