Georgia House Rep. Tom Kirby and Senate Congressmen Bill Cowsert and Burt Jones will give local residents a preview of the upcoming session of the Georgia General Assembly on Thursday, Dec. 13, 2012. This preview will take place in Loganville in the main sancturay of the First Baptist Church of Loganville located at 1680 Tom Brewer Road. The meeting will begin at 7 p.m. and includes an open forum with ongoing Q & A.
Items up for discussion include:
- State Budget
- Obamacare, Hospital Bed Tax Renewal, $300M-$400 M short fall in Medicaid
- New Falcon Football Stadium - funding and financing
- Renascene Act – aid in Atlanta downtown revitalizationG
- Parent Trigger – parents taking over public schools
- Right to Work Law – proper notification and posting
- Human Animal Hybrid Ban
- Auto Window Tinting – notice for sale of used cars regarding potential illegality
- U.S. Amendment Convention – progress on 50 states calling for a Balanced Budget Amendment to the U.S. Constitution under Article V of same.
The 2013 Session of the Georgia General Assembly begins on Jan. 14.
Thursday will be a busy night in Walton County with several other meetings already scheduled. The Walton County Planning Commission meets at 6 p.m. and the Loganville City Council is scheduled to meet at 7:30 p.m.