A Loganville, Ga. woman was arrested on Labor Day after police followed her from Loganville to Snellville, allegedly driving at 65 mph in the center lane. She was eventually arrested in Snellville after going into the wrong lane to avoid a roadblock. Police report she almost ran into two Snellville police cars in the process.
According to the incident report, Andrea Monica Taylor was first noticed by a Gwinnett County Police officer at about 4 a.m. on Labor Day when she turned from Rosebud Road onto the center Lane on Highway 78, headed westbound. The officer reported that she then continued to drive in the center lane as though it was the correct lane of travel. The officer followed, reporting speeds of 65 mph, before unsuccessfully attempting a stop at Summit Chase Drive.
Taylor reportedly continued into the City of Snellville, coming up on a roadblock by two Snellville police officers at Rockdale Circle. She is reported to have then moved into the eastbound lanes of Highway 78, almost striking the two police cars, before being stopped on the wrong side of the road.
After being given a breath test, Taylor was charged with driving under the influence (0.129 grams) driving a motor vehicle on the wrong side of the road, speeding, central lane violation, improper passing and reckless driving. She allegedly told the officer she had been drinking at the house of her daughter, who was training to be a bartender. Taylor bonded out the same day on a $2,843 security bond.
These Loganville or Grayson residents were booked into the Gwinnett Detention Center during the period Aug. 27 to Sept. 3. The information comes from the Gwinnett County Sheriff’s Department Docket Book. These individuals have been charged with, but not convicted of, the crimes listed.
- Gina Marie Pulliam, of 231 Towler Shoals Drive., Loganvile, was charged with credit card fraud and theft by deception.
- Emmanuel Lamont Durden, of 1413 Granite Falls Drive, Loganville, was charged with possession of marijuana (less than an ounce), violation of the Georgia Controlled Substance Act and a tail light violation.
- Tyler Dewayne Blout, of 3493 Summit Creek Lane, Loganville, was charged with reckless driving and speeding.
- Daniel NMN Martinez, of 4661 Beaverton Circle, Loganville, was charged with driving a vehicle with flashing blue lights and having no driver’s license. He also was held for immigration.
- Mario Derrick Virgil, of 2880 Highway 78, Loganville, was charged with driving while license suspended/revoked, theft by receiving and for a safety belt violation.
- Anthony Taurean-O-Brien Parris, 2551 Farmstead Court, Grayson, was charged with driving while license suspended/revoked.