responded to the following theft and burglary complaints in the Loganville area between Aug. 15 to 19. They also responded to a man posing as a Walton County jailer after somebody shot his mother's dog.
- Burglary – A rental property on Timber Trace Road was found burglarized.
- Burglary – A burglary report was made on Green Ridge Lane.
- Burglary Attempt – Unknown white male wearing sunglasses and a ball cap attempted to open the front door to a residence on Deerfield Road. The complainant stated that the male subjected left in a small, red passenger car with a white female in the passenger seat. Extra patrol was requested.
- Stolen Vehicle – A black utility trailer was taken from a location on Youth Jersey Road.
- Suspicious Person –A report was made about a white male impersonating a Walton County Sheriff’s deputy on Emmett Still Road. The subject claimed to be investigating the shooting of his dog. He was arrested for impersonating a police officer and criminal trespass. In the incident report, the subject, Alan Womack, is reported to have gone to the residence in a follow up to his mother’s dog being shot. He was arrested after he reportedly claimed to be a jailer with WCSO and told the owners that the person guilty of shooting the dog would be fined $1,000 fine as well as serve jail time. He is also reported to have claimed that he could seize all of the weapons on the property for ballistic testing. Deputies had responded to his address the previous night regarding an incident where someone had shot his mother's dog in the head and neck.
The following information was obtained from the Walton County Sheriff's Office Zone Reports.