According to an incident report from , deputies responded to a complaint regarding a $29.00 charge on a Walton County resident’s credit card. However, when the information was entered into the system, it was discovered that the complainant himself had outstanding warrants out of Henry and Franklin counties. He was arrested and transported to Walton County jail. He had, however, already cancelled his credit card so no further charges could be added.
The following burglary and theft charges were investigated by Walton County Sheriff's duputies during the period Aug. 6 – 9, 2012.
- Burglary – On Jersey Walnut Grove Road, a report was made about a front door at a residence being kicked in. Jewelry boxes containing various items were taken.
- Extra patrol was requested on Chandler Road in reference to recent thefts in the area.
Entering Auto – Unknown person(s) broke the rear passenger side window of a vehicle on Laura Drive and took a purse.
- Entering Auto – On Appalachee Trail, unknown person(s) broke the window of a vehicle and took an iPod.
- Stolen Vehicle – A trailer was reported missing from a property on Old Broadnax Mill Road. However, it was later discovered at another of the company’s locations.
- Burglary – On Hickory Grove Church Road, while a homeowner was home, an alarm alerted that the back door had been kicked in. Two white males reportedly fled from the scene in a silver passenger car. The homeowner reported that only a glass case with several knives appeared to be missing.
- Entering Auto – Unknown person(s) broke the driver side window of a vehicle on Lovers Lane and took cash and a pack of diapers.
- Theft – A complainant reported that his fog lights were taken off his motorcycle while it was parked at Glenda’s Bar and Grill.