Alcovy Circuit Court District Attorney Layla Zon said that who was shot by a Loganville mother on Jan. 4 when he broke into her home, entered a plea of not guilty at his arraignment Tuesday. Slater is facing charges of possession of tools for commission of a crime and burglary in first degree in connection with the incident.
Slater appeared in front of Walton County Superior Court Judge Ken Wynne.
"He will be back in front of Judge Wynne on April 2nd for motion/status and if he doesn't enter a plea at that time, we will have trial on the week of April 15th," Zon said.
Slater has been held without bond in the Walton County Detention Center without bond since his release from Gwinnett County Medical Center on Feb. 10, 2013. He had been recovering in Gwinnett Medical Center after being shot by Melinda Herman when he confronted her hiding in a closet with her 9-year-old twins.
- Man Shot by Loganville Mom to Be Arraigned Tuesday
- UPDATE: Loganville Mother Shoots Burglar Several Times
- Friday's Shooting of a Burglar in Loganville Has Local Residents Flocking to Gun Stores
- Burglar Shot by Loganville Mother 'Recovering' from His Injuries
- 911 Tape of Loganville Burglar Shooting Released