The following arrests were reported by the Loganville Police Department for the period Dec. 06 - 17, 2012.
On Dec. 15, 2012 LPD officers pulled over a red Acura on Ga 10 for a seat belt violation. The officer noticed a strong smell of alcohol coming from the driver when speaking to him through the door and asked the gentleman to step out of the car for a field sobriety test. The driver was unsteady upon exiting the car and could not successfully complete the field sobriety test. Upon placing the suspect in handcuffs, officers obserbed he was chewing a gree leafy substance; he refused to open his mouth and continued to turn away from LPD officers. Although the suspect did not have any weapons, 85 white pills bundled in a silver package inside the suspect's underwear.
Mr. Abdehamid Ahmed, 21, of Teresa Lane in Loganville was arrested on charges DUI, Possession of Schedule IV Drugs: Sale/Distribute/Possess Dangerous Drugs.
- Frederick Randall Peek, 37, of White Plains, Georgia charged with speeding and driving while license suspended/revoked.
- Victor Maurice Jones, 47, of Lithonia, Georgia charged with speeding and driving while license suspended/revoked.
- Daniel Wayne Pettit, 18, of Kaitlyn Drive in Loganville charged with speeding and possession of ounce or less of marijuana.
- Rubith Naskeeka Tossie, 21, of Etchison Drive in Loganville charged with speeding, no insurance and driving while license suspended/revoked.
- Justin Allen Thompson, 25, of Janel Lane in Loganville charged with driving while license suspended/revoked and headlight requirements violation.
- Turquoise Dominiq Garcia, 32, of Fox Run in Loganville charged with shoplifting more than $300.
- William Bradley Atkinson, 28, of Athens, Georgia charged with driving while license suspended/revoked.