Walton County Sheriff's Office Chief Deputy Keith Brooks confirmed that Daniel Lee Dill, of Loganville is one of the five men in custody in connection with Tuesday's shooting in Monroe of Reggie Hickman. Brooks said that early investigations reveal that the victim, Hickman, 40, was lured to the location on Mountain Creek Church Road in Monroe on the pretext of a drug deal. Hickman, who owned one of the subjects money, was shot during the deal. He was able to drive away, but eventually stopped and collapsed on the roadway A passing motorist called 911.
Dill is charged with aggravated assault and aggravated battery. Brooks said more charges are pending, and possibly more arrests. He said the drug deal that essentially went bad involved prescription drugs.
Also charged were:
- Tevin Antwone Atkinson, Monroe – charged with party to crime and aggravated assault
- Ronnie Scott Culbreath, Monroe – charged with party to crime and aggravated assault
- Kevin C Nuhaw, Monroe - charged with aggravated assault
- Randall Lee Cabe, Monroe – charged with aggravated assault
At this time Hickman remains in an area hospital in critical condition. Hickman too lived in Loganville at one time. He was known to authorities having been arrested several times in the past. According to jail records in Gwinnett County, he also has lived in several other locations, including Florida and Stone Mountain.
- Gwinnett man in critical condition following a Monroe shooting
- Identity of Shooting Victim Released