A Loganville police officer working a side job at Peach State Auto Auction on Nov. 28 was on hand to intervene when a fight broke out over the sale of a car.
According to the police report, the off-duty officer was called when a fight involving several men broke out in the parking lot of Peach State Auto Auction. The officer drew his weapon and ordered the men to stop fighting. When back up officers from Loganville Police Department arrived, it was reported that the fight broke out over who was going to sell a Volvo to a potential buyer. Two of the men had Volvos for sale and each was trying to convince the same man to buy the car they were selling. By the time police arrived, the potential buyer had left without buying either car. Emergency Medical Services were called to check everybody out for superficial wounds. Warrants for disorderly conduct were issued for all parties involved as police were unable to figure out which subject was the primary aggressor.
In other LPD reports:
- Barbara Ann Carothers, 66, of 5042 Cliff Top Drive, Loganville, was charged with driving while license suspended/revoked.
- James Ray Pack, of 201-B Zion Cemetery Road, Loganville, was charged with false imprisonment, interference with a 911 call, criminal trespass – private.
- Mary Victoria Brown, 50, of 270 Rockingham Drive, Loganville, was charged with driving under the influence (alcohol 0.08 gm or more, 21 or over) and failure to maintain lane.
- Bernard Eugene Humphrey, 54, of 109 Jarrod Oaks Court, Loganville, was charged with improper stopping/parking on roadway and DUI (alcohol less safe).
- Carlos Lester Hann, of 433 Village Way, Loganville, was charged with driving while license suspended and running red light.
- Stacy Williams Fairley, of 3005 June Ivey Road, Bethlehem, was charged with tags, new resident has 30 days to register and driving while license suspended/revoked.
- Brian Michael Urso, 25, of 2960 Etchison Road, Lot 16, Monroe, was charged with driving while license was suspended/revoked and speeding.
- Marshall Douglas Prince, 22, of 522 Bradford Place Court, Loganville, was charged with DUI (alcohol less safe), laying drag or reckless conduct with auto and reckless driving.