A Georgia State Patrol spokesman confirmed that charges have been filed against the juvenile driver involved in a wreck on
of Loganville, died after being struck by a truck driven by a 16-year-old. According to the GSP spokesman, the juvenile was charged last month with second degree vehicular homicide and failing to maintain lane. He said the case was turned over to the Walton County Juvenile Court.
The accident happened when a 2001 Chevrolet S10 pickup, driven by the juvenile, and Jidov were northbound on Broadnax Mill Road, officials reported. The truck struck the bicycle in the rear, injuring Jidov. He was transported to Walton Regional Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
The name of the 16-year old minor driver of the truck was withheld, but GSP did confirm that he held a valid driver's license but had been driving for a little less than 5 months.
Since then, share the road signs have been installed on Broadnax Mill Road.
- Loganville Cyclist Dies After Being Struck on Broadnax Mill Road
- Memorial Service for Mark Jidov Dec. 4
- Tribute Ride Planned Following Cyclist's Memorial Service
- Broadnax Mill Road to Get Warning Signs After the Death of Cyclist
- Share the Road Signs Up on Broadnax Mill Road
- Are Georgia Laws Adequate Protection for Both Motorists and Cyclists