Summer is almost here and Gwinnett County Parks and Recreation are getting a jump on the season by opening the swimming pools in time for the Memorial Day weekend. All Gwinnett County Parks and Recreation pools open this Saturday, May 26.
Officials are asking that people remember the following safety tips in order to have a safe and healthy summer swimming season.
- Lock all gates and doors to limit access to swimming pools
- Be sure to use a pool cover when the pool is not in use
- All children should be supervised in pool area
- Separate the deep and shallow ends of the pool with a float-line
- Be sure all rescue equipment is stored in reach
- Post emergency numbers by the telephone
- Cover all drains and vents to prevent entangling of the hair or body
- Designate an adult to watch the children during gatherings
Teach children to swim at a young age and remind them of the dangers of swimming unsupervised
(Editor's Note: This information was from Gwinnett County's News for Neighborhoods).