If you have any reason to visit the emergency room in Walton County from now on, be sure to head to the new Clearview Regional Medical Center on Spring Street.
"We officially opened at 7 a.m. today (Sunday, April 22) and began accepting patients," said Stacy Jones chief development officer for Walton's regional hospital system. "At the same time we began discharging patients from the old hospital."
Jones said the license only allows for a certain number of beds and keeping both open for any length of time would have been in violation of the license. So at 7 a.m. Sunday, ambulances began moving patients to beds in the new location just across the road from the Home Depot in Monroe.
"The newly constructed hospital, situated on 60+ acres overlooking Walton County’s rolling hills, replaces the community’s original hospital, which officially closed on April 22," Jones said, adding some of the key features patients can expect from the new hospital.
- 4 SMART operating rooms with state of the art technology including a da Vinci surgical robot
- 2 Endoscopy Suites
- Expanded birth center with 6 private Labor,Delivery, Recovery, Postpartum rooms and in-suite C-Section surgical room.
- Orthopedic specialists devoted to diagnosing and treating problems of the bones, joints, cartilage, and ligaments.
- 8 bed ICU for critical patients
- The medical-surgical unit houses 36 patient rooms and is designed to give patients control of their space. Every room has wall-to-wall windows overlooking the idyllic hilltop location, shades and natural lighting, flat-screen TV with over 70 channels, and wireless Internet access. The centralized nursing station allows nurses and other healthcare providers to respond quickly to patients and the large equipment storage rooms keep hallways clear and safe.
- Full-time Hospital Medicine program with 24 hour coverage by board-certified physicians who work closely with a patient’s primary care physician to deliver the best care.
- a new State of the Art 64-slice CT scanner, digital mammography, a new 1.5 tesla(measurement of strength) MRI and nuclear stress testing.
- The Emergency Department can accommodate an ever-increasing demand for emergency medical services with 15 patient rooms including 4 trauma rooms, 1 room for isolation precautions, 1 for psychiatric room, and 4 fast track rooms.
- 45 surgeons make up the 150+ physicians on medical staff.
Jones said the plans for the old hospital building are to sell it, but she is not sure how long that will take. For now the important thing is that people know it is no longer in operation.
"I would hate for anybody to lose any valuable time going to the wrong hospital," she said. "We need everybody to know this is the hospital in Walton County now."
For more information, visit www.ClearviewRegionalMedicalCenter.com