Invite a friend
Grayson vs. Mountain View: High School Softball
Grayson welcomes Mountain View to the field in high school softball action.
More About Grayson High School
The first Grayson school, Tripp Academy, was established in 1882. In 1900, a two-story frame school was constructed on the land that now houses Grayson Elementary School, and in 1913 a bond was issued to build the first Grayson High School there.
In 1957, Grayson High taught more than 200 students, eventually consolidating with Snellville High to become South Gwinnett High. In 2000, the school regained its own identity when the new Grayson High School was built on Hope Hollow Road, forming the basis for the Grayson cluster. A ram, mascot of the original Grayson High School, returned and the GHS sports teams took it as their namesake.
The school opened a new technology building in 2004 to also serve students from other schools in the county and includes a commercial training kitchen with a 25-seat presentation and dining area, a climate-controlled greenhouse, an industry-donated electron microscope, an animal husbandry building, a black-box performance space, a professional music-recording studio and TV production studio.
Other schools in the Grayson cluster are Grayson Elementary, Pharr Elementary, Cooper Elementary and McConnell Middle.