Young Community Hero to be Honored by Walton County BOC Tuesday
At the Walton County Board of Commissioners meeting on Tuesday a young girl will be recognized for alerting her family to a fire in the family home.
The February meeting of the Walton County Board of Commissioners will kick off with a community hero award. According to Walton County officials, the young girl awoke from a nap, heard a smoke detector alarm and alerted her mother outside. They were able to call 911 and contain the fire.
Another item on the agenda to be discussed is plans for a veteran's memorial fountain in front of the Government Building.
The meeting is scheduled to begin at 6 p.m. at the Board of Commissioners offices, Walton Government Building, 303 Hammond St., Monroe.
Other items on the agenda include:
- Recognition of 12 & Under Football GRPA State Runners-up
- Community Hero Award - Alyssa Vascocu
- Monroe-Walton County Library Board of Trustees
- Walton County Planning Commission
- Walton County Water Authority
- Jeff Baker
- Veterans Memorial
- Issues with sidewalks in The Providence Club subdivision