Walton County Crime Report Includes Theft of Pot Bellied Pigs
Walton County Sheriff's Deputies responded to the following theft and burglary reports during the period Aug. 10 to 14, 2012.
The following incidents were investigated by the Walton County Sheriff's Office during the period Aug. 10 - 14.
- Extra patrol was requested due to recent thefts on Wapakoneta Trail.
- Theft – An air conditioning unit was taken from Knox Chapel Baptist Church.
- Vehicle Theft – A report was made referencing the theft of a vehicle on Laboon Road. The vehicle was later found on fire in Morgan County.
- The back doors to a residence on Dial Road were found opened. The complainant reported that costume jewelry had been stolen from the property.
- Burglary – A electronics and a piece of metal was taken from a residence on John W. Breedlove Rd.
- Burglary Attempt – A rear window to a residence on Old Athens Hwy was shattered, which triggered an alarm. Two subjects were located nearby but denied any involvement. One of the subjects was arrested for having an outstanding warrant.
- Theft Report – A report was made on Lee Peters Road referencing unknown person(s) taking two potbelly pigs.
- Entering Auto – An entering auto report was made on Piney Grove Road. Several tools were taken from the vehicle.
- Extra Patrol – Extra patrol was called to Piney Grove Road in reference to an entering auto complaint.
- Theft – A toolbox was taken from a property on Park Street.
(Editor's Note: These incident reports were obtained from the Walton County Sheriff's Office Zone Alerts)