Obama v Romney: Which Campaign is Getting Money from Loganville or Grayson Residents?
Enter search terms into one or more fields to find out about donations from Loganville and Grayson where Romney has the support of Loganville, but Obama is getting more in donations from Grayson.
Residents in Loganville - the 30052 zip code - are supporting Gov. Mitt Romney by more than $3 to every $1 raised for President Barack Obama. That can't be said for Grayson, however, where Grayson residents are donating more than $2 for every $1 raised for Romney, according to the Federal Election Commission.
Residents in Loganville raised $11,525 with $9,058 going to Romney and $2,467 going to Obama. The amounts to Obama, however, were raised in much smaller increments extending over six pages, whereas the $9,058 to Romney only amounted to two pages. It should be noted, though, that many of the smaller increments were from the same individual, adding up to a more substantial total from that one person.
Grayson (30017 zip code), on the other hand, raised more money - $23,148 - with $16,145 of it going to the Obama campaign and $7,003 to Romney. This is more than a 2 to 1 advantage in funding for Obama. Again, as in Loganville, the money raised for Obama was mainly in smaller increments even when from a single donor.
These donations reflect money raised since April 2011.
This tool gives you the ability to research for yourself as to whom and how much is being donated by your neighbors to each of the candidates.
Do you notice any trends that surprises you or is this just what you would expect from these two areas?
See More on Patch
- 'For Far Too Long I Have Sat on the Sidelines': Attorney Announces Bid for 10th Congressional District Seat
- Boland and Bagley Qualify for Loganville City Council Special Election
- Curry Sole Qualifier to Finish Up Nunley's Mayoral Term
- Curry Resigns Loganville Council Post, Kiddoo Voted Vice Mayor
- State Rep. Donna Sheldon (R-Dacula) to Run for Broun's Seat
Most Popular articles
- Loganville Area Church Robbed and Several Other Area Burglaries Investigated by WCSO
- Montessori-Based Dementia Daycare Center Opens in Grayson
- Loganville Man Claims $1 Million Powerball Prize
- Fire in Walnut Grove Sunday Night Partially Destroys Home
- Trip Elementary School in Grayson Gets New Principal