Help Wanted: Wood Products Company Hiring
Weyerhaeuser in Dacula is hiring a technical assistant.
Weyerhaeuser in Dacula, which sells Trus Joist engineered wood products and provides technical design support, is hiring a technical assistant. The employee in this job is expected to develop the skills and abilities to transition into a structural frame specialist. Key job duties include:
- Drive sales and profit by creating primary demand for structural frame products through builders, dealers, design community and building officials (25 percent selling function)
- Assist in planning and executing new product introductions, sales promotions, trade shows and dealer programs and builder programs
- Provide design expertise to builders, building inspectors, lumber dealer associates, architects and engineers
- Provide project estimates, layout drawings and material lists through Estima® and Forte® software programs
- Analyze roof and floor systems for customers in the market
- Assist in conducting training for dealer schools, lumberyard associates and inspectors
Applicants should have an associate degree, a four-year degree is preferred, and a minimum of two years or professional work experience with working knowledge of CAD applications, as well as customer service experience, preferably within a fast-paced environment. Travel is required.
For more information on this job and to apply online, click here.
Know of a local business that's hiring or an upcoming job fair? Have tips for job seekers? Tell us in comments.