Grayson Man Wrecks; Flees, Leaving Injured Passenger in the Car
After wrecking and then running off and leaving his injured passenger in the car, a 21-year-old Grayson man is facing a slew of charges including DUI and hit and run.
Gregory William Hendry, 21, of 382 Arboretum Place, Grayson, was arrested on May 21 and charged with driving under the influence, hit and run, failure to report striking a fixed object and improper/erratic lane change. The arrest came after Gwinnett County police responded to an accident at 1555 Rock Spring Road in Buford to find an injured passenger in the vehicle and the driver nowhere to be found. The car, a white Honda Accord, had slammed into a brick mailbox before running into some trees.
Police reported a strong smell of alcohol coming from inside the car. The female passenger was still inside the car and had to be transported to the hospital. The driver was located by phone and brought back to the scene. Police reported that he was concerned to find that his passenger had to be taken to the hospital. Hendry reportedly confessed to drinking alcohol and taking Zanax, but refused to blow into the Alco-sensor or give a sample of blood. He was arrested and the vehicle impounded. Hendry was subsequently released on a $2,103 security bond.
All these Loganville or Grayson residents were booked into the Gwinnett Detention Center during the period May 20 - 23, 2012. The information comes from the Gwinnett County Sheriff’s Department Docket Book and Gwinnett County Police. These individuals have been charged with, but not convicted of, the crimes listed. Other arrests include:
- Kirby Odell Viaud, of 3292 Shady Valley Court, Loganville, was charged with driving while license suspended/revoked, failure to appear and M/V must have two headlights.
- Julian David Ruiz, of 777 Wilkes Drive, Loganville, was charged with burglary and theft by deception.
- Timothy Kyle Southard, of 5055 Logans Run, Loganville, was charged with a violation of probation.
- Crystal Marie Powell, of 5072 Cliff Top Drive, Loganville, was charged with a violation of probation.
- Crystal Lynette Weatherspoon of 2176 Ridgdale Drive, Grayson, was charged with shoplifting (less than $300).
- Tyrell Harrison Travar Drayton, of Lot 5370 Highway 20, Loganville, was charged with a violation of probation.
- Jose Gabriel Reyes-Cruz, of 1715 Eden Valley Court, Loganville, was charged with driving without a driver’s license.
- Samuel Beau Brown, of 3426 Woodruff Creek Lane, Loganville, was charged with Light reducing mat affixed to window, no driver’s license and violating the Georgia Controlled Substance Ace (less than 1 ounce).
- Sylvie Claire Hawkins, of 4542 Beaverton Circle, Loganville, was charged with driving on a suspended/revoked license and making and improper U turn.
- Jimmie Lee Hill, of 3331 Cooper Woods Drive, Loganville, was charged with driving on a suspended/revoked license and theft by deception.
- Aron Smith, of 317 Brackin Trace, Grayson, was charged with possession (less than an ounce), DUI (alcohol) and speeding.
- Cletus Ahidjo Foma, of 2412 Chance Lane, Grayson, was charged with DUI (alcohol) and improper/erratic lane change.
- Elisha Antonio Bennett, 1085 Pebble Bend Drive, Grayson, was charged with less possession (less than an ounce of marijuana) and VGCSA (possession of marijuana with intent to distribute)
- Joseph Barrington Hendricks, of 2721 Farmstead Court, Grayson, was charged with DUI, (drugs/alcohol).
- Michal Brianna Berg, of 1470 Willow River Run, Grayson, was charged with shoplifting (less than $300).
- Ralph Delontay Weems, of 792 Kaitlyn Drive, Loganville, was charged with violate limited license conditions and tag light visible 50 feet.
- Christopher Dwight Moulton, of 2441 Fall Creek Lodge, Loganville, was charged with no driver’s license, failure to dim headlights and possession of open alcohol container.
- Guy Leonard Campbell, of 1801 Rose Garden Lane, Loganville, was charged with DUI (alcohol).
- Jacob Kandathinkara George, of 3632 Willow Club Drive, Loganville, was charged with failure to appear.