Car Chase, Shots Fired and Dancing Gorillas in WCSO Reports
Walton County Sheriff’s Office responded to several theft and burglary calls as well as automobile accidents and more during the period Jan. 10 - 17, 2013.
Walton County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following incidents during the period Jan. 10 - 17, 2013.
- Vehicle pursuit – Walton County deputies assisted the Monroe Police Department in a vehicle chase ending at Mount Vernon and Dry Pond Road when the driver lost control of the vehicle.
- Extra Patrol – Homeowner on Kent Rock Road advised that an older model gray compact passenger vehicle with a spare on the front tire pulled into the driveway and took pictures.
- Firearms – Two subjects were arrested on Laboon Road and charged with Reckless Conduct, Obstruction and Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon, after shots were fired in the air after a verbal dispute.
- Burglary – The right rear window was removed from Union Chapel Church and equipment was taken.
- Suspicious Vehicle – A suspicious vehicle was reported in the area of Queens Landing.
- Suspicious Person – Several subjects were involved in throwing debris in the roadway of Gratis Road. The subjects were dancing around in gorilla suits. The subjects were later located and ordered to clean up the debris.
- Area Check – An anonymous caller reported flashlights behind their residence on Summerset Drive. No one was on location when deputies arrived.
- Suspicious Vehicle – A dark blue Honda Accord stopped in the Cedar Ridge Road area, and when the subject was approached by a resident, the vehicle left with great haste. Extra patrol requested.
- Extra Patrol – A black Chevy Suburban was seen at a residence on Watson Mill Court.
- Extra Patrol – Due to recent thefts in Bay Creek Ridge, extra patrol was requested.
- Entering Auto – Money was taken from a vehicle while the owner was inside a store on Bay Creek Church Road.
- Burglary – A door was pried open at a residence on Hwy 81 and items were taken.
- Theft – Jewelry was taken from Between Grocery.
- Safety Check – Walton County deputies conducted a safety check on Hwy 81 at Forest Ridge.
- Illegal Dumping – Clothing items were dumped near a residence on Mitchell Road. The subject responsible was located and ordered to clean up the dumped items.
- Safety Check – Walton County deputies conducted a safety check on Bay Creek Church Road at Old Zion Cemetery Road
- Burglary – A vacant residence on New Hope Church Road was stripped of copper wiring and plumbing.
- Damage to Property – A mailbox was damaged on Troy Smith Road.
- Vehicle Accident – A single vehicle overturned down an embankment on Shiloh Road.
- Arrest – A subject was arrested at Between Grocery for Driving on a Suspended License and for an Outstanding Warrant in Clarke County.
- Theft – Unknown person(s) took a blower from a garage on Rockview Lane.
- Entering Auto – An unlocked vehicle was entered on Lancelot Court. Several items were taken.
- Vehicle Accident – A single occupant vehicle left the roadway of Ho Hum Hollow Road and struck a tree on the driver side roof. The occupant was later pronounced deceased at the scene.
- Entering Auto – An unlocked vehicle was entered in Hidden Cove. A items were stolen.
- Safety Check – Walton County deputies conducted a safety check on Centerhill Church Road at Kent Rock Road.
- Vehicle Accident – A vehicle accident occurred on Nunnally Farm Road.
- Stolen Vehicle – A 1992 Chevy truck was taken from Amber Court. The keys had been left in the vehicle.
- Theft – A dump truck and trailer were stolen from a property on Miller Bottom Road.
- Arrest – A subject was arrested during a traffic stop on Hwy 138 at Lakeside Blvd. for Possession of Marijuana and traffic charges.
- Extra Patrol – Extra patrol was requested on Hwy 81 due to speeding vehicles in the area of Corinth Christian Church.
- Speeding Vehicle – A black Chevy pickup truck was reportedly driving recklessly at the intersection of Floye Drive and Brandi Lane.
- Prowler – Suspicions of a prowler was reported on Church Way.
- Found Property – An abandoned backpack was found on Emerald Drive.
(This was compiled from the WCSO alerts)