Final Chance for Walton County residents to Vote Early in July 31 Election
Friday is the last chance for advanced voting in the July 31 election. Listen to the Walton County candidates words before casting your ballots.
Friday is the last chance for advanced voting in the July 31 primary. After that, voters will be required to cast ballots in their correct precincts. The Walton County Chamber of Commerce and The Walton Tribune hosted a candidate forum for several candidates on July 14. The forum was taped by Paul Mullins and then converted to YouTube by Connor Haler, a high school student who works at Current Events Productions in Covington. These are the last of those videos for voters to hear what the candidates had to say before casting their ballots. These YouTube videos cover the following races:
Walton County Probate Court Judge
U.S. Congressional District 10 of Georgia
- Paul Broun (I)
- Stephen Simpson
Georgia House of Representatives District 114
- Tom Kirby (I)
- Rod Upton
Georgia Senate District 25
- Johnny Grant (I)
- Darrell Black
- Burt Jones
- Robert Kent
In addition Comcast Community & Governmental Affairs is offer five rebroadcasts of the complete forum between now and the July 31 elections. These will be shown on Comcast Spotlight Channel 25 at the following times.
Friday July 27 at 10 a.m.
Saturday July 28 at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Sunday July 29 at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Candidates for Walton County BOE: In their own Word
- Candidates for Tax Commissioner and Coroner: In their own Words
- Walton County Commission District 2 and 3, in Their Own Words
- Who Deserves Your Vote for Georgia House District 114
- Who Deserves Your Vote for Walton County BOC Chairman?
- Who Deserves Your Vote for Walton County Probate Court Judge?
- Who Deserves Your Vote in the Race for Georgia's 10th Congressional District?
- Candidates for Alcovy Circuit Judicial Superior Court Judge: In Their Own Words