Another Alcohol Referendum in Grayson this November
At the August City Council meeting, officials will be voting on calling for another alcohol referendum in November. The referendum will call for voters to allow for the sale of beer, wine and distilled spirits to be sold by the package on a Sunday.
The Grayson City Council will hold its regular August meeting at 7 p.m. tonight, Monday, Aug. 20, at the city's municipal offices on Grayson Parkway.
One of the items on the agenda is a call to place on the November ballot a referendum allowing for consideration of an ordinance permitting sales of beer, malt beverages, wine and distilled spirits by the package on Sundays. Last November, the city held a referendum allowing for a package store in the city. It was approved by the voters, Beverage Superstore of Grayson was awarded the only license issued and the building is currently under construction off SR 20.
Other items on the agenda include:
- A presentation to former Grayson City Council member David Schroder.
- Adoption of the 2011-2012 amended budget.
- Adoption of the 2012-2013 budget.
- Appointment of Election Officers
- Call For Election
- Consideration of Ordinance Permitting sales of Beer, Malt Beverages, Wine and Distilled Spirits by the Package on Sundays and to place the question for a referendum on the November ballot.
- Consideration of Sanitation RFP.
- Discussion/approval of expenditure to have wireless internet capability in the Senior Center.